Adding a NAS (network-attached storage) as a Vault is a simple way to protect and back up your photos.
!WARNING: When designating a NAS as a Vault, it is recommended that you have at least one non-NAS device as a secondary Vault. Mylio Photos requires that NAS devices are connected to a single host device/computer. If the NAS is disconnected from the host, it cannot be reconnected to another computer as a Vault. Your media will, however, still be accessible via the NAS’ file system.
To add a NAS as a Vault:
- Open Mylio Photos and ensure that the NAS is connected to your computer.
- Go to the Dashboard view, select Devices then click the ADD button at the top of the Devices section.
- Select NAS from the Add Device dialog.
- Review the “Things to Know” dialog, then click the Add NAS button.
- A Windows Explorer or macOS Finder window will open, navigate to the NAS folder where you would like to store your Mylio Photos Library, then click Open
- Your NAS will be added as a new Device in the Devices section of the Dashboard.
!WARNING: Any photo deleted in the Mylio Photos app on any device will be automatically deleted from your Vault(s) as well. We recommend using a system backup utility such as Time Machine on macOS and/or a cloud backup utility such as Backblaze to protect against accidental data loss caused by a user.
!NOTE: The Mylio Photos Library cannot be saved in the top level of the NAS file structure. Instead, please create or select a folder on the NAS as the destination for your Mylio Photos Library.
Post your comment on this topic.