Mylio Photos is designed to make all your photos and videos accessible on all your devices. Mylio Photos can be installed on any Windows, Android, macOS, or iOS device that meets Mylio’s system requirements. Each device can be used to store Original files or sync optimized versions to save storage space.
Mylio Photos also offers the option to designate devices and cloud services as Vaults to protect your Original images and Mylio Photos catalog. Any device that has enough storage to hold your entire photo library can be designated as a Vault. Common devices for Vaults are external drives and desktop computers.
Add Media vs. Add Device – What is the Difference?
Adding a Device is different from adding and importing media. While these two options might sound similar, they serve very different purposes.
- Adding Media is the process of making photos and videos visible in your Mylio Photos Library. This is done by Moving or Copying media to a folder that Mylio Photos is watching, or adding a Linked Folder, which tells Mylio Photos to watch that specific folder. Media can also be added from online services (such as Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, and Google Photos) or from the iOS Camera Roll or Android Media Library on a smartphone or tablet.
- Adding Devices to Mylio Photos, adds places for your photos to live. Devices can be for viewing – such as your laptop or mobile phone, or for storage – such as an external hard drive or cloud service. Devices such as desktop computers with a lot of storage capacity can be for both viewing and storage.
In This Chapter:
- The Importance of a Vault
- Adding an External Drive
- Adding a Network Attached Storage (NAS) Device
- Adding a Cloud Service
- Adding a Phone or Tablet
- Adding Another Computer
- Removing a Device From Mylio Photos
- Setting Up Mylio Photos for Multiple Users on One Mac or PC
- Store Mylio Photos on an SD Card on Android Devices
Post your comment on this topic.