In photography, metadata refers to all information that describes your image file. This can include keywords, author information, camera settings, capture date, and much more.
Some metadata is added automatically from your camera, such as the capture date, camera model, lens, and settings used. Other metadata can be added or edited manually, such as copyright information, keywords, ratings, and more.
Mylio Photos uses metadata to organize your photos. It makes use of automatically embedded information in your photo (or an adjacent XMP file). It also allows you to manually add and edit several additional types of metadata. This information is fully searchable in Mylio and makes finding the right photo or photos quick and easy.
In This Chapter:
- Adding Metadata When Importing
- Using the Info Panel
- Adjusting Time and Date for Photos
- Adding a Title and Caption
- Renaming Files
- Adding and Editing Keywords
- Adding Copyright Information
- Using Categories to Organize
- Rating Images
- Culling with QuickReview Mode
- Understanding Auto-Advance
- Managing Featured Photo Ranking
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.