Mylio Photos 22.0 includes a major improvement in the way that media from the iCloud Photo Library and the Android Media Library are handled.
In earlier versions of Mylio, the recommended setup specified that users should choose a single source for their iCloud Photo Library or Android Media Library images – either their computer or a mobile device (e.g. iPhone or iPad). If Mylio was importing media from more than one camera roll-connected device, that media would be duplicated in their Mylio Photos Library.
Mylio Photos 22.0 fixes this issue, and allows the user to import media from all of their iCloud Photo Library-connected and Android Media Library-connected devices without creating duplicates.
For users coming from earlier versions of Mylio, there are a few steps you’ll need to take to continue importing media from your iCloud Photo Library and Android Media Library device(s).
- Download and Install the latest version of Mylio Photos 22 to all of your Mylio Photos-connected devices and allow each device to fully sync.
- Note that your Apple Photos folder will be renamed Old Apple Photos and a new Apple Photos folder will be automatically created.
- Note that your Android Photos folder will be renamed Old Android Photos and a new Android Photos folder will be automatically created.
- From a computer or tablet with access to all Originals, open the Dashboard, select Actions, and choose Find Duplicates.
- Click the Filter icon and choose Folder.
- Click the + Filtered Folder button and choose the Old Apple Photos folder or Old Android Photos folder.
- Under Scan Scope, choose Entire Library.
- Click the Auto-Check button.
- Click + Add a folder duplicates may be in and choose Apple Photos or Android Photos. The Apple Photos folder or Android Photos folder will be added to the top of the Auto-Check list with the option to Keep or Remove. Choose Keep.
- Disable all other Auto-Check options except Keep Only One Copy by clicking the checkmark next to each item.
- Click the Run Auto-Check button. Mylio Photos will automatically select the duplicate images that need to be removed or deleted.
- Review the list of duplicate sets. Only images from the Old Apple Photos folder or Old Android Photos folder will be marked for removal or deletion.
- When you’re ready, click the Delete Checked or Move Checked button to complete the deduplication process.
- Move Checked lets you move all duplicates from your Mylio Library Folder and place them in a separate folder outside of your Mylio Photos Library to review later. These images will be removed from your Mylio Photos Library on all of your devices, but will not be deleted from your computer.
- Delete Checked permanently deletes the selected duplicate files from your computer and all synced Mylio Devices. This action cannot be undone.
Post your comment on this topic.
Angela@Mylio wrote: Nov 22, 2022
Hi Lutz - It shouldn’t take long, but times will vary depending on the size of your library and the sizes of your individual files. If you’re experiencing an issue, please reach out to our support team via the in-app Help menu (preferred) or at https://support.mylio.com/#support-ticket so we can take a closer look.
Lutz wrote: Nov 22, 2022
how long will it take to auto check 10k files on 5 device after swich to Mylio 22.1