Adding an external drive is an effortless way for Mylio Photos+ subscribers to back up and protect their photos. Users can designate an external drive as a Vault to back up and protect their entire Mylio Photos library or add an external drive for specific purposes such as a travel backup or archive for a specific group of media using a Custom Sync Policy. Mylio Photos includes several helpful Sync Policy Presets or you can make your own
Once an external drive has been added to your Mylio Account, Mylio Photos+ will update the drive using your selected Sync Policy whenever it is available and connected. If the drive is unavailable or disconnected, Mylio Photos+ will update it the next time it is connected.
- Open Mylio Photos+ and ensure the external drive is connected to your computer.
- Click or tap on the Dashboard icon in the left sidebar.
- Select Devices then click or tap the ADD button at the top of the Devices section then choose External drive from the Add Device dialog.
- Select the external drive from the list that you wish use then click or tap the Next button.
- Mylio Photos+ will analyze the drive you choose and recommend a setup based on the size of your Mylio Photos Library and the size of the drive that you’re adding. In this example, Mylio Photos+ is recommending that the new drive be set up as a Vault, which will designate this drive to keep a complete copy of the Mylio Photos Library.
- To choose a different setup, tap or click the Custom Setup button and select the Sync Policy Preset you’d like to use. Want to create a custom sync policy? Click here to learn how.
- Once you’ve selected your preferred sync policy, click or tap the Looks Good button to complete the setup. Your external drive will be added and visible in the Devices section of the Dashboard.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.