Importing photos from a Google Photos Library makes use of Google Takeout, which allows you to download your personal data from your Google account.
To import a Google Photos library:
- Go to takeout.google.com in your web browser and log in to your Google Account.
- Under Select data to include, click Deselect all.
- Scroll down to Google Photos, and check the box to select it.
- By default, all your Google Photos albums are selected. If you’d like to choose specific folders, click the All photo albums included button. Then uncheck any albums you do not want to download and click OK.
- Scroll down and click the Next step button.
- Under Choose file type, frequency & destination, review the settings, then click Create export.
- Once your export is ready (this process may take hours or days), you’ll get an option to Manage your exports. Click the Download button. Depending on the size of your Google Photos Library, and the number of albums you selected, you may have several .zip files to download. DO NOT UNZIP THE DOWNLOADED FILES.
- Click or tap the plus icon in the top app bar to open the Add Media dialog.
- Select Add media from an online service.
- Select Google Photos Library and click the Continue button.
- Click the “…” icon in the Pick Google Takeout folder field, then locate your default Downloads folder containing the .zip files and select the Downloads folder. (Do not select individual .zip files.)
- In the Destination Folder field, select the location where you’d like to store your photos. We recommend creating a “Google Photos” folder in your Mylio Library Folder.
- Expand the Show Advanced Settings and make any necessary adjustments to the settings.
- File Naming – This allows you to rename files as you add them to your Mylio Photos Library. This can be helpful in making images easier to find with filters and search. Click here to learn more about file naming options.
- Folder Organization – This setting enables you to keep your folder organized “as is” or to change it to further organize the images in the folder by the date they were taken. Click here to learn more about folder organization options.
- Click Copy Now to import your Google Photos into Mylio Photos.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.