Nested Sub-Albums are a great way to add additional layers of organization to your photo library. Sub-Albums can be helpful in a variety of situations. Here are a few examples:
- Birthday Photos – The top-level Album could be the Birthdays over the Years with Sub-Albums for each year’s celebration.
- Kitchen Remodel – The top-level Album could be Kitchen Remodel with Sub-Albums for Before, In-progress, and After photos.
- Submissions for a photography competition – The top-level Album could be for all competitions with Sub-Albums for each individual competition. You could nest an additional Sub-Album inside another Sub-Album to group images that were accepted or won awards.
Creating a Sub-Album
- Click or tap on the Albums icon in the left sidebar.
- Open the Album where you want to place a nested Sub-Album, then click the plus icon in the right sidebar or choose Organize > New Album from the operating system menu bar.
- Add an Album Name and click Create, then add media to the Sub-Album as desired.
Moving and Organizing Sub-Albums
Convert a top-level Album into a Sub-Album:
Use Drag and Drop – Click and drag the Album you’d like to nest as a Sub-Folder onto another Album. This will place it inside the Album as a Sub-Album.
Move Albums with the Mylio Clipboard
- Click and drag the Album or Sub-Album you want to move to the bottom of the screen. This will automatically open the Mylio Clipboard.
- Navigate to another Album, or the top-level Albums View where you want your Album to reside.
- Click and drag the Album from the Mylio Clipboard to its new location.
- When you’re done, Clear the Mylio Clipboard to close it.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.