Manually adding a linked folder in Mylio Photos is a helpful alternative to include media that resides on external drives in your Mylio Photos Library.
Adding a Linked Folder via the Add Media icon automatically adds the external drive they are located on as a Mylio Device. This is the preferred method for Mylio Photos+ users, allowing media to sync with other devices and back up to any connected Vault drives.
If you use the free version of Mylio Photos, manually adding a linked folder will allow you to access media folders located on external storage in the Mylio Photos application without adding the drive as a Mylio Device connected to your Mylio Account.
- Click or tap on the Dashboard icon in the left sidebar, then select Devices.
- Select the device card for your primary computer, then choose Linked Folders.
- Click the ADD button at the top of the Linked Folders panel. This will open Windows Explorer or macOS Finder.
- Navigate the folder you wish to link, select it, then click the Open button.
- Click or tap the Add to this device (advanced) button.
- Click or tap on the Folders icon in the left sidebar to view the linked folder and its contents.
- If you’re a Mylio Photos user, you’ll see the new linked folder associated with your computer.
- If you’re a Mylio Photos+ user and have added the external drive as a Mylio Device connected to your Mylio Account, you’ll see the new linked folder associated with the external drive.