Moving files from a folder on an internal or external drive physically moves the folder and its contents to a new location and deletes the contents of the source folder. This is useful if you want to move all your photos and videos into one primary, organized location and do not want to keep a copy of the photos in their existing location.
To add image files by moving them:
- Click or tap the Add Media icon in the top app bar.
- Select Add media accessible from this device.
- A Windows Explorer or macOS Finder window will open. Navigate to the folder you wish to add, then click Open.
- Select Move them in the How do you want to get these photos into Mylio? dialog.
- In the Move files dialog, examine the options and choose the ones that are right for you.
- Confirm the folder you wish to Move in the Source field.
- In the Destination field, select the location where you’d like to store the moved folder.
- Exclude suspected duplicate files is toggled ON by default. This will skip copying images that are already in your Mylio Photos Library.
- Delete files after adding them is toggled ON by default and will delete all files and subfolders from the source folder after they have been copied to the new location.
- Expand Show Advanced Settings and make any necessary adjustments to the settings.
- File Naming – This allows you to rename files as you add them to your Mylio Photos Library. This can be helpful in making images easier to find with filters and searches. For example, you can rename IMG_9962.jpg as tropical_vacation_1 or any other descriptive name. Click here to learn more about file naming options.
- Folder Organization – This setting enables you to keep your folder organized “as is” or to change it to further organize the images in the folder by the date they were taken. Click here to learn more about folder organization options.
- Add Folder Name to Keywords – If your source folder has a descriptive name, this setting enables you to automatically add that word or phrase as a keyword for each image in the folder.
- Keywords – Add any additional keywords to describe the group of photos and make them easier to locate with filters and search.
- Click or tap the Move Now button to move your folder into your Mylio Photos Library.
- Click or tap on the Activities icon in the top app bar to check the progress.
- When Mylio Photos has finished moving your media, you’ll be notified that the process is complete. You can view your notifications by clicking on the Notifications icon in the top app bar.