Some metadata is added automatically from your camera, such as the capture date, camera model, lens, and settings used. Other metadata can be added or edited manually, such as copyright information, keywords, ratings, and more.
Mylio Photos uses metadata to organize your photos. It makes use of automatically embedded information in your image (or an adjacent XMP file). It also allows you to add and edit several additional types of metadata manually. This information is fully searchable in Mylio and makes finding the right photo or photos quick and easy.
In This Chapter:
- Adding Metadata When Importing
- Using the Info Panel
- Adjusting Time and Date for Photos
- Adding a Title and Caption
- Renaming Files
- Using SmartTags and Keywords
- Adding Copyright Information
- Adding Family History Metadata
- Using Categories to Organize
- Rating Images
- Culling with QuickReview Mode
- Understanding Auto-Advance
- Managing Photo Prioritization