Locating specific images, videos, and documents in Mylio Photos is quick and easy. The Search tool makes use of sophisticated LuceneTMsearch expressions to locate information across your entire library. Mylio Photos’ Search tool also uses data from our SmartTags and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to find visual traits, objects, and words in pictures such as signs, text, and logos.
To access the Search tool, click the magnifying glass icon in the upper left corner and enter your query in the text field.
What is being searched?
When using the search tool while in the All Photos, Map, People, Albums, or Folders Views, the following fields are included in the search:
- OCR text
Only Events are searched when searching in the Calendar View.
Additional Search Options
Click on the arrow at the end of the Search field to open the Search Menu and access additional options to refine your search using:
- Keywords, Star Ratings, Color Labels, and Flags – Click on the Filter/Search by Rating (star) icon to narrow your results using keywords, ratings, color labels, and flags.
- Recent Media Additions – Click on the Recent Media Additions icon to select a recent import to search.
- Pinned Searches – Click on the Pinned Searches icon to view recent searches or to Pin a search you want to save for easy future access.
- Search by People – Click on the Filter/Search by People icon to narrow your results to media, including a named person in your library.
- Search by Place – Click on the Filter/Search by Places icon to narrow your results to media geotagged with a specific location.
Viewing Search Results
When a search is initiated in Mylio Photos, you’ll see the results on a new page.
The results will correspond to the View where you initiated the search and will be grouped by Photos, Videos, and Documents. For example, if you searched for
flowers from the All Photos view, your results will show any media found in All Photos that contain the word “flowers.” If you search for
flowers from the Folders view, your results will show any folder with a name that includes the word “flowers.”
Click on each View (All Photos, Folders, Albums, People, or Map) at the top of the search results page to view the results differently.
When viewing results in the Folders, Albums, or People Views, click or tap on the magnifying glass icon in the corner of each container to see an overview of its contents.
When you’re done with your search, click or tap on the X in the top left corner to exit the search results.