Advanced Settings under Device Quality provides additional control over how your photos and files sync.
- Open Mylio Photos, select the Dashboard view, and choose Devices.
- Click or tap on a Device Card to open the Device Settings, then select Device Quality.
- Click on Advanced Settings to expand additional options.
- Choose a Device Quality setting of Thumbnails, Auto Optimized, or Vault.
- Thumbnails – A Thumbnail is a small version of your photo (20-30 KB) that is typically used for referencing your full library. Thumbnails are ideal for mobile devices, but do not allow editing.
- Auto Optimized – Mylio Photos will manage the photo quality settings based on the available storage on the selected device. Auto Optimized is only available for computers, tablets, and smartphones. Other devices such as external drives or cloud services cannot be Auto Optimized.
- Vault – Mylio Photos will designate the device as a Vault to store a complete copy of all full-size photo and video files in your Mylio Photos Library. Since a Vault device contains everything in your Mylio Photos Library, the settings cannot be customized.
- Click Show Customizations
- Specify if Mylio Photos should sync some or all Smart Previews and/or Originals.
- Click on the P to adjust settings for Smart Previews. Toggle the Sync All Smart Previews to the ON position to sync all or apply a filter using Star Ratings, Color Labels, or Keywords.
- Click on the O to adjust settings for Originals. Toggle the Sync All Originals to the ON position to sync all or apply a filter using Star Ratings, Color Labels, or Keywords.
- If you are changing quality settings for the device you’re currently using, you’ll have the following two options:
- Tap to Sync – When enabled, an icon is placed at the top right of each folder that allows you to easily adjust the sync quality setting for each folder.
- Sync Panel – When enabled, the Sync Panel will appear within the Details Panel on your current device, so you can easily manage both device and folder quality settings.
- Adjust settings for documents and videos if desired.
- Keep documents/videos smaller than – Because Mylio Photos does not make Smart Preview versions of videos or documents, you may want to limit the amount of storage your Original video and document files can use. Use the slider to set specific file size limits or select All or None.
- Once you’ve adjusted your settings, click the Apply Changes button.
Watch how to adjust advanced quality settings
Thanks for your feedback.