Copying files from a folder on an internal or external drive creates a new copy of the selected folder and adds it to your Mylio Photos Library. This is useful if you want to keep any Original photos and videos where they are but also create a secondary location where copies of all your images are consolidated in one place.
To add image files by copying them:
- Open Mylio Photos on a computer and click or tap the Add Media icon in the Navigation Bar.
- Select Add media accessible from this device.
- A Windows Explorer or macOS Finder window will open. Navigate to the folder you wish to add, then click Open.
- Select Copy them in the How do you want to get these photos into Mylio? dialog.
- In the Copy files dialog, examine the options and choose the ones that are right for you.
- Confirm the folder you wish to Copy in the Source field.
- In the Destination field, select the location where you’d like to store the copied folder.
- Exclude suspected duplicate files is toggled ON by default. This will skip copying images that are already in your Mylio Photos Library.
- Delete files after adding them is toggled OFF by default.
- Expand Show Advanced Settings and make any necessary adjustments to the settings.
- File Naming – This allows you to rename files as you add them to your Mylio Photos Library. This can be helpful in making images easier to find with filters and search. For example, you can rename IMG_9962.jpg as tropical_vacation_1 or any other descriptive name. Click here to learn more about file naming options.
- Folder Organization – This setting enables you to keep your folder organized “as is” or to change it to further organize the images in the folder by the date they were taken. Click here to learn more about folder organization options.
- Add Folder Name to Keywords – If your source folder has a descriptive name, this setting enables you to automatically add that word or phrase as a keyword for each image in the folder.
- Keywords – Add any additional keywords to describe the group of photos and make them easier to locate with filters and search.
- Click or tap the Copy Now button to copy your folder into your Mylio Photos Library.
- Click or tap on the Activities icon in the Navigation Bar to check the progress.
- When Mylio Photos has finished copying your media you’ll get a notification that the process is complete. You can view your notifications by clicking on the Notifications icon in the Navigation Bar.