macOS offers two types of hotspots:
- Limited Hotspot – A limited hotspot creates a local ad hoc network with your computer to sync with another Mac or iOS device.
- Desktop Hotspot – A desktop hotspot creates a wireless network that any device can connect to (requires a wired Ethernet connection).
Limited Hotspot on macOS
- Open Mylio Photos, access the More menu, and choose Settings.
- Select Sync.
- Open the Hotspot settings.
- Toggle the switch for Limited Hotspot to the ON position.
- Mylio Photos will display the name of your ad hoc network. Connect your Mac and iOS devices to this network.
Desktop Hotspot with Wired Ethernet Connection
- Ensure that your Mac has a wired Ethernet connection
- Launch System Preferences and select Sharing.
- Check the box next to Internet Sharing in the left column.
- Find Share your connection from: on the right and choose Ethernet from the drop-down menu.
- In the To computers using list below, check the box next to Wi-Fi or Airport.
- Click on Wi-Fi Options button and name the network.
- In the Security drop-down menu, click to Enable Security. Select WPA2 as your security protocol and create a password for your hotspot, then click OK.
- Join the newly created hotspot on other devices to begin syncing.
Thanks for your feedback.