Windows 10/11 offers two types of hotspots:
- Limited Hotspot – A limited hotspot creates a local ad hoc network with your computer to sync with another PC or Mac device.
- Desktop Hotspot – A desktop hotspot creates a wireless network that any device can connect to. (This requires a wired ethernet connection.)
Limited Hotspot on Windows 10/11
- Open Mylio Photos, access the More menu, and choose Settings.
- Select Sync.
- Open the Hotspot settings.
- Toggle the switch for Limited Hotspot to the ON position.
- Mylio Photos will display the name of your ad hoc network. Connect your Mac and PC devices to this network.
Desktop Hotspot with Wired Ethernet Connection
- Open the Start Menu, type Mobile Hotspot, and open the system setting Change Mobile Hotspot Settings.
- Choose the internet connection you wish to share from the pull-down menu and turn on Share My Internet Connection.
- Windows will list your network name and password that is being created. If desired, this information can be changed by selecting Edit.
- Join the newly created hotspot on other devices to begin syncing.
Thanks for your feedback.