Importing photos from Apple Photos, or a legacy iPhoto or Aperture library, is a quick and easy way to populate your Mylio Photos Library with some of your favorite photos.
Using Mylio Photos With Apple Photos and iCloud Drive
Mylio Photos can easily import media from all of your iCloud Photo Library connected devices (e.g., macOS Computers and iOS devices like iPhones and iPads). Once imported, you can find your photos and videos from the iCloud Photo Library in Mylio Photos’ Folder View in the Apple Photos folder. As you capture new photos and videos, they will be automatically imported into Mylio Photos.
If you add another device that shares that iCloud Photo Library account, Mylio Photos will only add media that has not yet been synced with Mylio Photos, preventing duplicate images in your library.
Media imports from the iCloud Photo Library are one-way. This means that once media has been imported into Mylio Photos, any changes made to those images will only be visible from the app where the change was made. Here are examples:
- Image Edits – If you intensify the colors on an image in Mylio Photos, the change will not be reflected in your Apple Photos Library. Similarly, if you convert a photo to black-and-white in Apple Photos after it has been imported into Mylio Photos, the change will not show in Mylio Photos.
- Deleting Photos – If you delete a photo in Mylio Photos, it does not delete the photo from Apple Photos or your iCloud Photo Library. If you delete a photo from Apple Photos or your iCloud Photo Library after it has been imported to Mylio Photos, it does not delete the photo from Mylio Photos.
Some files from an Apple Photos library or iOS Camera Roll (Portrait, slow-mo, Live Photos, etc.) may be imported with a .myb (Mylio Bundle) file extension to allow Mylio Photos to properly sync these unique file types. The following effects from Apple Photos are supported:
- Live Photos -syncing, displaying, and playback
- Portrait Mode – syncing and displaying
- Slow-mo videos – syncing and playback supported
- Long Exposure -syncing of still and Live Photo, displaying of the still only
- Animations (loop, bounce) – syncing, and playback
Using Mylio Photos With Legacy iPhoto or Aperture Libraries
Mylio Photos makes importing your legacy iPhoto or Aperture Library quick and easy. Our Aperture and iPhoto import tool can access most of the information found in legacy iPhoto and Aperture Libraries. For a complete list of what is imported from Aperture and iPhoto to Mylio Photos, please see the Aperture and iPhoto Edits page in the Appendix.