By default, Mylio Photos will Auto Optimize any device that is not configured as a Vault to help manage available disk space on that device. When Mylio Photos Auto Optimizes a device it manages the photo quality settings based on the available storage on your device. Auto-Optimize is ideal for devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops with limited storage space.
Mylio Photos automatically determines the amount of free space to leave on a device, but this amount can be customized to fit your device storage needs.
- Open Mylio Photos, select the Dashboard view, and choose Devices.
- Select a Device Card, then choose Device Storage. This will give you an overview of available storage on your device, as well as the amount of space being used by Mylio Photos.
- Other refers to space used on your device by other documents, applications, your operating system, etc.
- Mylio Current refers to the space on your device currently being used by Mylio Photos. This includes files such as Thumbnails, XMP Files, and depending on your sync configuration could also include Smart Previews and Originals.
- Mylio Growth indicates how much space Mylio Photos will be allowed to use on your device, given the settings you choose (either Auto Managed or choose your own threshold for Minimum Free Space).
- Unfulfilled Free Space refers to space that is currently free but will be filled by data from Mylio Photos for information that is waiting to sync. For example, if you import new images or change your sync settings and the sync is currently in progress, this is space that will be filled when that process is complete.
- Free Space is storage space on your device that is currently free and available for use.
- The Minimum Free Space setting is set to Auto Manage by default. This means that Mylio Photos looks at the available space on your device and determines how much space to use and how much to keep free for you. If you switch Auto Manage off, you can manually set the minimum amount of free space you want Mylio Photos to leave on your device.
- To manually manage the amount of free space on your device, toggle the Minimum Free Space option OFF, then adjust the slider to increase or decrease the minimum free space allocated to your device.
- Once you’ve adjusted your settings, click the Apply Changes button.
- If necessary, click the Clear Cache button to free up disk space.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.