Resizing an image to a specific pixel dimension is done during the Export process. You can export your image at its original size or enter new dimensions for the image to fit its long side. If necessary, you can crop your image to a specific aspect ratio or shape first, and then export a specific pixel size.
A common reason for resizing the pixel dimension of a photo is to share it with friends and family via email or social media. Decreasing the pixel dimensions of a photo makes the file size smaller, and thus easier to email or upload. For example, let’s export a photo to post on Facebook, which recommends that photos be 1080 pixels wide.
- Select a photo that you wish to export, then click the Share icon in the Quick Actions Bar.
- Choose Export.
- Select a File Type of JPEG.
- Click on Resolution and enter a custom width of 1080.
- Choose a Quality of Medium.
- Click the Export button to export your photo.