Tap to Sync allows you to easily adjust the Sync Policy for Folders to override the Sync Policy on a specific device. This allows you to customize the quality settings of individual folders for each of your devices.
By default, Mylio Photos Auto Optimizes the photo quality settings for all synced media. This means that Mylio Photos will sync a Thumbnail version of every photo in your Mylio Photos Library to each device, and depending on available device storage, it may sync some or all Smart Previews. Tap to Sync allows you to customize this setting for individual folders on a specific device. Here are examples of when this might be useful:
- You want to have Original quality images available of all images in your 2022 folder on your Laptop so you can pixel edit on the go with external applications.
- You want to have Smart Preview quality images from the folder called My Amazing Vacation available on your tablet or smartphone so you can share images and post on social media when you’re away from your home network.
To enable Tap to Sync on a computer or mobile device:
- Open Mylio Photos and go to the Folders view.
- Click or tap the More menu in the Navigation Bar then toggle the Tap to Sync option to the ON position.
Using Tap to Sync:
- Once Tap to Sync is enabled, each folder in the grid will have a small T, P, O, A or ٭ icon in the top-right corner.
- Click or tap the T, P, O, A or ٭ icon to change that folder’s Sync Policy on the device you are currently using.
- T – Thumbnails
- P – Smart Previews
- O – Originals
- A – Auto-Optimized
- ٭ – Custom Policy