Using Mylio Photos’ Photo > Open With > Lightroom Classic option is designed for those who want to use Mylio Photos as their primary photo organizer and wish to access Lightroom Classic’s editing capabilities.
- Before getting started, make sure the Mylio Photos plugin for Lightroom Classic is set up.
- Select a photo or series of photos and go to the Photo Menu in the top menu bar. Choose Open With then select Lightroom Classic. This will launch Lightroom Classic’s import screen.
- Lightroom has several import options. These are the recommended settings:
- The Source folder is automatically selected based on the image you’re sending from Mylio Photos.
- You have the option to Copy as DNG, Copy, Move, or Add. We recommend you select Add. This will add your photo to your Lightroom Library without moving it from its original location.
- The destination will be your primary Lightroom Catalog.
- Click Import to bring your photo into Lightroom.
- From Lightroom’s Develop module, edit as desired.
- When you’ve finished editing, return to the Library module and drag your edited photo to the Photostream under Mylio Photos in the Publish Services section. Open the Photostream and click Publish. This will create a Preview image in Mylio Photos with your Lightroom edits.
Upon returning to Mylio Photos, your Preview image will be stacked with your Original, unedited photo. To access your full-resolution file with edits, open Lightroom and locate the file in your Mylio Photostream under Publish Services.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.