Mylio Photos+ provides two ways to include a NAS in your workflow:
- Standard Configuration with a host computer (Windows only)
- Creating an S3 Private Cloud with your NAS (Windows/macOS)
Differences Between S3 Private Cloud and Standard Mylio NAS Setup
Setting up your NAS using the standard Mylio Photos+ configuration (Windows only) will display in the Devices section of the Dashboard as a storage device with a NAS symbol on the Device Card. This configuration will display the complete file structure exactly as it appears in Mylio Photos’ Folders view. If you want to see and navigate your files directly, use the standard NAS configuration.
Setting up your NAS as an S3 Private Cloud will display in the Devices section of the Dashboard as a cloud device with a cloud symbol on the Device Card. This configuration will display as a single Mylio folder that is managed and viewable only through the Mylio Photos application. If you want a protection repository with the convenience of cloud access and no host dependency, choose the S3 private cloud option.
|Always online PC/MAC Required||Folder & File Structure Visible||Internet Access for Sync||Configuration Level||Protection Level||Platform Compatibility|
|Standard Mylio NAS||Yes||Yes||Via host computer only||Basic||Good (host required)||Windows|
|NAS S3 Private Cloud||No||No||Yes||Advanced||Best||Windows and macOS|
Setting Up a NAS with Standard Configuration (Windows only)
- Open Mylio Photos+ and ensure the NAS is connected to your computer.
- Click the Dashboard icon in the left sidebar, and select Devices.
- Click or tap the Add button on the Devices panel, then select NAS.
- Review the Things to Know dialog, then click the Continue button.
- A Windows Explorer window will open. Navigate to the NAS folder where you would like to store your Mylio Photos Library, then click Open
- Mylio Photos+ will analyze the NAS you choose and recommend a setup based on your Mylio Photos Library size and the available store on the NAS you’re adding. In this example, Mylio Photos+ recommends that the NAS be set up as a Vault, which will designate it to keep a complete copy of the Mylio Photos Library.
- Once you’ve selected your preferred sync policy, click or tap the Looks Good button to complete the setup. Your NAS will be added and visible in the Devices section of the Dashboard.