Adding an external drive is an effortless way for Mylio Photos+ subscribers to back up and protect their photos. Users can designate an external drive as a Vault to back up and protect their entire Mylio Photos Library or add an external drive for specific purposes such as a travel backup or archive for a particular group of media using a Custom Sync Policy. Mylio Photos includes several helpful Sync Policy Presets or you can make your own
Once an external drive has been added to your Mylio Account, Mylio Photos+ will update it using your selected Device Sync Policy whenever it is available and connected. If the drive is unavailable or disconnected, Mylio Photos+ will update it the next time it is connected.
- Open Mylio Photos and ensure the external drive is connected to your computer.
- Click the Dashboard icon in the left sidebar.
- Select Devices. Click the ADD button at the top of the Devices section, then choose External drive from the Add Device dialog.
- Select the external drive from the list you wish to use, then click the Continue button.
- Mylio Photos will analyze your chosen drive and recommend a setup based on your library size and the available storage on the drive you’re adding. In this example, Mylio Photos+ recommends that the new drive be set up as a Vault, which will designate this drive to keep a complete copy of the Mylio Photos Library.
- Once you’ve selected your preferred sync policy, click the Looks Good button to complete the setup. Your external drive will be added and visible in the Devices section of the Dashboard.