While using Tap to Categorize is the fastest and easiest way to add Categories to your media, you can also add and edit Categories in the Info Panel. Categories can also be added as you import new media to your library using the Copy or Move options.
- Select a photo, Folder, Album, or Person.
- Click the info icon at the top of the right sidebar to reveal the right panel and access the Info Panel.
- Scroll down to the Categories section and click the plus icon to view the Categories list.
- Check the box next to the Categories you wish to add to your image(s), or click the pencil icon to create a custom category.
- Click the Apply button when finished.
- If a folder is selected, you’ll also have the option to turn on or off File Inheritance in the Info Panel. By default, File Inheritance is turned ON, meaning all files and subfolders in the selected folder will automatically inherit the applied categories. Toggle the switch to the OFF position to disable File Inheritance for the selected folder.