There are two ways to import media from an Android phone or tablet into Mylio Photos:
- Installing the Mylio Photos app on your phone or tablet. The Mylio Photos Android app lets you easily view, edit, and organize the photos from your media library in the Mylio Photos app. If you’re a Mylio Photos+ subscriber, pictures from your media library will be automatically backed up to any device you’ve designated as a Vault and accessible via the Mylio Photos application on all of your devices. As you capture new images and videos, they will be automatically imported into your Mylio Photos Library.
- Importing from an Android phone or tablet using a direct connection (cable) to your computer. This is ideal for Mylio Photos users who wish to back up their Android Media Library to a computer without a Mylio Photos+ subscription.
- Managing Android Media Library Access and Permissions
The first time you launch Mylio Photos on your Android phone or tablet, you’ll be asked to grant permission for Mylio Photos to access the media library. If you skip this step during the initial setup, you grant permission later using the steps below.
- Tap the plus icon in the top app bar to open the Add Media dialog.
- Choose Add Media Library and grant Mylio Photos access to your media library.
- Once added, you can select specific folders in your Media Library to import by choosing Manage Media Library.
- Toggle the switch next to Enable importing of media from directories to the OFF position to disable syncing your Media Library with Mylio Photos.
- To select specific folders to sync, long-tap the folder to mark it.
- When you’re done, quit Mylio Photos, then restart the app to apply changes.