Each Mylio Photos+ plan includes access to Mylio Drive with unlimited storage of Optimized Images at no extra cost. This means you can store a copy of your entire photo library for easy (and private) access by your devices.
Optimized Images are perfect for everyday use and maintain full raw editing capabilities and all metadata while using approximately 1/10th the storage of a standard raw file. When Mylio Drive is enabled, your images are stored on an encrypted server and can only be accessed by devices signed into your Mylio Photos+ account. This makes setting up a new device or accessing new files much easier when on the go.
Benefits of Mylio Drive
- Access higher-quality Optimized Images (even if all other devices are offline).
- Facilitate faster and more efficient syncing of Optimized Images when on the go
- Only devices signed into your Mylio Photos+ account can see these images.
- The Mylio company does not see your content – ever.
- Mylio Drive is 100% optional, and you must choose to enable it.
What is an Optimized Image?
When you import pictures into Mylio Photos, an Optimized Image is created from your original digital image. These are perfect for everyday use as they maintain full raw editing capabilities and all metadata. Optimized Images typically range between 1/10th to 1/15th of the storage space of a standard raw file and can be used to create standard prints, social media posts, and more. Optimized Images make it easy to fit many times more photos onto mobile devices and laptops.
Enabling Mylio Drive
- Click the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu and choose Settings, then select Sync.
- Click the Sync with Mylio Drive button.
To Disable and Remove Mylio Drive
- Click the Dashboard icon in the left sidebar, then select Devices.
- Select the device card for Mylio Drive.
- Under the device settings, scroll down and click the Unregister Device button.