Adding copyright information to a photograph’s metadata creates an extra layer of protection against image theft and misuse. Mylio Photos allows you to add information about the owner or creator of a picture, including a copyright notice, using the IPTC (International Press Telecommunications Council) standard format. IPTC is the international governing body that sets standards for image metadata.
Enable IPTC Info
- Click the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu, choose Settings then select Advanced.
- Toggle the switch next to IPTC Info to the ON position, then enter your name, contact information, and copyright information. This saves a pre-filled IPTC Card you can apply to any media in your library.
Add Copyright and Contact Information to Your Media
- Select a photo, or series of photos.
- Click the info icon at the top of the right sidebar to reveal the right panel and access the Info Panel
- Scroll down to the IPTC section and enter your contact and copyright information, or click the Apply IPTC Card button at the bottom of the IPTC section to automatically fill in the fields you set up when you enabled IPTC.