Albums are a helpful way to sort and organize photos. Adding a photo to an Album references the Original file but doesn’t move or duplicate it. Albums can be used for a variety of purposes. Here are a few examples:
- Dream vacation in Hawaii
- Best of 2023
- Favorites for our anniversary slideshow
Browsing the Albums View
To view your Albums, click the Albums icon in the left sidebar.
If you’d like to adjust the sort order of your Album list or the contents of an Album, click on the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu, then select the option you want to use next to Sort Order.
To view the contents of an album, double-click on the Album to open it.
- Viewing Album Details in the Info Panel
Mylio Photos’ Info Panel displays metadata and other helpful information about your media. When a photo is selected, the Albums section of the Info Panel shows which Albums the selected media has been added to.
- Select a photo in any view.
- Scroll down to the Albums section in the Info Panel inside the right panel, and expand it if necessary. If the selected photo has been added to one or more Albums, the Album(s) will be listed in this section of the Info Panel.
- Click on an Album in the Info Panel.
- Choose to Remove Album from Selected Media, or
- Show media in Album to view all images in the selected Album.
- Click the + icon to add the selected image to one or more Albums.
- Setting a Custom Cover Photo for an Album
Choosing a custom cover photo lets you select your favorite image representing each collection in the Albums view.
- Understanding Annotations in Albums View
Annotations are graphic overlays that display information about a group of media. In the Albums view, you’ll see a number at the top left corner of each folder. This indicates the number of files in that Album. If an album has nested sub-albums, you may also see an album icon and a second number indicating how many sub-folders are contained within that folder.
You will also see an annotation in the top right corner for Tap to Categorize. This lets you assign a Category to each Album, so you can control who is visible in each Space. Click on the Tap to Categorize icon and choose a Category.
Icon Category No Category Assigned Personal Family Work Private Custom
To show or hide these annotations, click the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu, choose Annotations, then toggle the switch next to each option to the ON or OFF position as desired.