Mylio Photos’ People view automatically groups media for each person you name in your library. Facial recognition technology helps identify all the people in a photo and prompts you to add People tags for each person.
Mylio Photos automatically scans for recognizable faces as you add and import media, and adds these faces to the Untagged container. Start by identifying each face by adding People tags. Once you’ve tagged a few photos of the same person, the app quickly learns to recognize similar faces and will group those images into a collection for each tagged person.
- Click the People icon in the left sidebar.
- Double-click on the Untagged collection to start tagging people.
- When you’re done tagging, click the back arrow in the upper left corner to return to People view.
- Double-click on a person to see all media tagged with their name.
- To view or edit information about the tagged person, click the info icon at the top of the right sidebar to reveal the right panel and access the Info Panel.
- Edit their name.
- Add a phone number.
- Add their FamilySearch ID.
- Add Notes about a person.
- By default, viewing all photos of a selected person will be set as Zoom to Face. To view the entire image, click the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu and toggle the switch next to Zoom to Face to the OFF position.
- Click the back arrow in the upper left corner to return to People view.
- Setting a Custom Cover Photo for Each Tagged Person
Choosing a custom cover photo lets you choose your favorite photo to represent each person in the People view.
- Understanding Annotations in People View
Annotations are graphic overlays that display information about a group of media. In the People view, you’ll see a number at the top left corner of each person’s collection. This indicates the number of files tagged with that person’s name. If Auto-tag is enabled, you may also see a question mark icon . This indicates that Mylio Photos has found similar faces and has automatically added those images to that person’s collection. Double-click to open the collection, then accept or reject the suggested face tags.
You will also see an annotation in the top right corner for Tap to Categorize. This lets you assign a Category to each person, so you can control who is visible in each Space. Click on the Tap to Categorize icon and choose a Category.
Icon Category No Category Assigned Personal Family Work Private Custom
To show or hide these annotations, click the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu, choose Annotations, then toggle the switch next to each option to the ON or OFF position as desired.