By default, Mylio Photos+ will automatically manage available disk space on any device that is not configured as a Vault. The application automatically determines the amount of free space to leave on a device, but this amount can be customized to fit your device storage needs.
Mylio Photos+ automatically sets the Minimum Free Space to leave on a device based on the size of your catalog and the amount of available storage space. Minimum Free Space is the amount of disk space Mylio Photos+ is not allowed to use. If necessary, you can manually adjust this threshold to fit your needs.
- Click the Dashboard icon in the left sidebar.
- Select Devices, then click or tap on a Device Card to open the Device Settings, then select Device Storage. This will give you an overview of your device’s available storage and the amount of space Mylio Photos uses.
- Other refers to space used on your device by other documents, applications, your operating system, etc.
- Mylio Current refers to the space on your device Mylio Photos uses. This includes your Mylio Photos catalog and could also include optimized images and originals, depending on your sync configuration.
- Mylio Growth indicates how much space Mylio Photos will be allowed to use on your device, given the settings you choose (either Auto Managed or choose your threshold for Minimum Free Space).
- Unfulfilled Free Space refers to currently free space but will be filled by data from Mylio Photos for information waiting to sync. For example, if you import new images or change your sync settings and the sync is in progress, this space will be filled when that process is complete.
- Free Space is storage space on your device that is currently free and available.
- The Minimum Free Space setting is set to Auto Manage by default. This means that Mylio Photos+ looks at the available space on your device and determines how much space to use and how much to keep free for other purposes. If you switch Auto Manage off, you can manually set the minimum free space you want Mylio Photos to leave on your device.
To manually manage the amount of free space on your device, toggle the Minimum Free Space option OFF, then adjust the slider to increase or decrease the minimum free space allocated to your device. Once you’ve adjusted your settings, click the Apply Changes button. If necessary, click the Clear Cache button to free up disk space.