Mylio Photos’ QuickActions enable you to find and connect memories as you browse. When viewing an image in single photo view, you may notice a small icon in the upper right corner of the picture for PhotoExplorer, or the option to Show In > Folder or LifeCalendar in the Actions menu. Each of these options makes it easy to explore related media.
- PhotoExplorer – Switch to the Map view and show media captured nearby, or perform a web search using the image’s GPS information.
- Show in Folder – Switch to the Folders view and show media from the same folder as the selected image.
- Show in LifeCalendar – Switch to the Calendar view and show media from the same day as the selected image.
PhotoExplorer is a unique tool that allows you to find additional information about your media based on embedded GPS information. Quickly view a photo’s location in the Mylio Photos Map view, or perform a web search using your photo’s GPS information to view the surrounding area, get driving directions, or even make a restaurant reservation. Mylio Photos works with your default web browser and lets you select your preferred online map service (Apple Maps, Bing Maps, Google Earth, Google Maps, or Open Street Maps).
Using PhotoExplorer to Show Media in the Map View
- Select an image with GPS information and open the image in single photo view.
- Click the PhotoExplorer icon in the upper right corner of the photo and choose Explore location on map to open the image in Mylio Photos’ Map view.
Using PhotoExplorer to Search the Web
- Open Mylio Photos, select an image with GPS information and open the image in Single Photo View.
- Click the PhotoExplorer icon in the upper right corner of the photo and choose Explore location on web to open the image in your browser using your preferred online map service.
- The first time you select Explore location on the web you can choose your default online map provider (Apple Maps, Bing Maps, Google Earth, Google Maps, or Open Street Maps). You can change your default online map provider at any time from the More menu > Settings > General > Web Maps Provider.
Show or Hide the PhotoExplorer Icon
The PhotoExplorer icon is ON by default but can be hidden if desired.
- Click the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu.
- Toggle the switch next to PhotoExplorer to the OFF position.
- Show in Folder
Show in Folder makes locating where an image is stored easy so you can browse related media.
- Show in LifeCalendar
Show in LifeCalendar makes finding media from the same day simple, regardless of where the photo is stored or the device it was captured with.