Importing photos from a Google Photos Library uses Google Takeout, allowing you to download your personal data from your Google account.
- Download a .zip file containing your Google Photos Library using Google Takeout.
- Click here for instructions.
- Go to takeout.google.com in your web browser and log in to your Google Account.
- Under Select data to include, click Deselect all.
- Scroll down to Google Photos, and check the box to select it.
- By default, all your Google Photos albums are selected. If you want to choose specific folders, click the All photo albums included button. Then uncheck any albums you do not want to download and click OK.
- Scroll down and click the Next step button.
- Under Choose file type, frequency & destination, review the settings, then click Create export.
- Once your export is ready (this process may take hours or days), you’ll get an option to Manage your exports. Click the Download button on a computer. Depending on your Google Photos Library size and the number of albums you selected, you may have several .zip files to download. DO NOT UNZIP THE DOWNLOADED FILES.
- Click the plus icon in the top app bar to open the Add Media dialog.
- Select Add media from an online service.
- Select Google Photos Library and click the Continue button.
- Click the “…” icon in the Pick Google Takeout folder field, then locate your default Downloads folder containing the .zip files and select the Downloads folder. (Do not select individual .zip files.)
- In the Destination Folder field, select the location where you’d like to store your photos. We recommend creating a “Google Photos” folder.
- Expand Show Advanced Settings for additional organization options and to automatically add metadata when importing.
- Click Copy Now to import your Google Photos into Mylio Photos.
Thanks for your feedback.