Scanning film negatives is a great way to preserve high-quality versions of your historical photos. The initial scan is typically an orange-brown hue and doesn’t look like the printed image you might remember. These images must be Inverted so the “negative” colors are shown as “positive.” Mylio Photos makes this process quick and easy with the Invert option in the Color section of the Edit panel.
- Open an image in Single Photo View, then click the edit icon to open the Edit panel.
- On a computer or tablet, twirl down the arrow next to Color, then select Invert to switch the negative to a positive.
- On a phone, tap the edit icon , then tap the color options icon , and select Invert.
- Click the AutoColor icon to correct and balance colors and finish with any other desired refinements using Mylio Photos’ editing tools.
- On a phone, tap the presets icon and select the AutoColor preset.