Folders and Files in Mylio Photos represent the folders and original media files (photos, videos, and documents) stored on your computer, external hard drives, and other devices. When you add, move, or delete a media file or folder in Mylio Photos, that action is also taken in your file system. For Mylio Photos+ subscribers, any folder changes made inside the application will also synchronize across your connected devices, including devices designated as Vaults.
- Adding a New Top Level Folder
New top-level folders cannot be created inside the Mylio Photos application but can be added as a Linked Folder once they’ve been created in your file system. Linked Folders will be displayed in the Folders view as associated with the device used to link them. If you’d prefer a Linked Folder to appear at the top of the Folders view in the Mylio Photos Library section, you can designate the folder as a Library Folder. This changes where the folder appears in the Mylio Photos Folders view but does not move or alter the folder in your computer’s file system.
- Click the Dashboard icon in the left sidebar.
- Select Devices, click a Device Card to open the Device Settings, then select Linked Folders.
- Click on the folder you want to show in the Mylio Photos Library section, then click the Mark as Library Folder button.
- Adding a Sub-Folder
- Click Folders icon in the left sidebar.
- Click the Navigation icon in the left sidebar to view a Folder Tree in the left panel.
- Select the folder in the folder tree where you’d like to place a new sub-folder, then click the New Folder button at the bottom of the left panel.
- Enter a name in the New Folder Name field, apply any relevant Categories, then click the Create button.