Mylio Photos makes gathering and organizing information for your family history and genealogy projects easy. The Family History metadata section puts the most used metadata fields for family historians in one place. These fields use industry-standard tags that meet the standards set by the Family History Metadata Working Group and can be read by most genealogical and family history websites, ensuring these files are more discoverable by future generations.
Viewing the Family History Metadata Section
- Click the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu, then toggle the switch next to Family History to the ON position.
- Click the info icon at the top of the right sidebar to reveal the right panel and access the Info Panel. The Family History metadata section is located in the Info Panel.
Adding Family History Metadata
- Locate the Family History metadata section in the Info panel, then click the disclosure arrow to open the panel if necessary.
- Enter details about your photo, video, or document.
- Date Shown
- File Name
- Location Shown
- GPS Coordinates
- Event Name – Enter text to describe the event. This field is separate from Events shown in the Mylio Photos’ LifeCalendar.
- When you’re finished, click the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu, then toggle the switch next to Family History to the OFF position, if desired.