With Shared Albums, Mylio Photos+ subscribers can share an album as an online gallery. Images are hosted on non-indexed web pages that make it easy to share semi-privately.
When you’re ready to share an Album, Mylio Photos creates a unique link to your gallery that you can share via email, text message, or however you wish. Each shared Album stands on its own and does not have navigation between it and any other albums you may have shared, nor will it appear in any search engine. Think of it as an unlisted phone number. We also provide added functionality that allows users to report offensive or copyrighted content.
To get started, select an Album, click the Share icon and select Publish Shared Album. When an Album is being actively shared, the annotation icon on the Album cover will change from to indicating it is currently being shared on the web.
- Creating a Shared Album
- Click the Albums icon in the left sidebar.
- Select an Album, then click the info icon at the top of the right sidebar to reveal the right panel and access the Info Panel.
- Scroll down to the Shared Album section and click the Publish Shared Album button.
- Click the links to read the Terms of Service and Right to Publish Content notices. If you agree to the terms, check the box next to each item, then click Continue.
- Select the options you’d like to use in the Publish Shared Album dialog. Scroll down for a description of each option.
- When you’re ready, click the Share button. Uploading your photos to your online Shared Album may take a few moments. Please do not quit Mylio Photos until the upload is complete.
- Inviting Others to View a Shared Album
Once your Shared Album has been published, it is time to share the link with friends and family.
- Click the info icon at the top of the right sidebar to reveal the right panel and access the Info Panel.
- Scroll down to the Shared Album section.
- To invite others to view your Share Album:
- Click the Email Link button to open your default email client with the link automatically added to the body of the email.
- Click on the link to copy it, paste it into a text message social post, or use any other online messaging method to share the link with your recipients.
- Remove or Unpublish a Shared Album
Shared Albums can be removed from the web and unpublished at any time.
- Shared Album Options
The Publish Shared Album dialog contains several options to customize the look and functionality of your web gallery.
Choose from Dark, Gray, White, or Cream.
Create Downloadable Archive
To make the contents of your Album available to viewers as a downloadable archive, toggle the switch next to Create Downloadable Archive to the ON position.
To add a watermark to your images, toggle the switch next to Apply Watermark to the ON position.
To remove all metadata from your uploaded photos, including camera EXIF, caption, keywords, ratings, copyright, IPTC, face tags, and GPS tags, toggle the switch next to SafeShare to the ON position.
To manually select what metadata is included, ensure that SafeShare is in the OFF position, then click None next to Include metadata. Toggle the switch next to each metadata field you’d like to include.