Most modern cameras do an excellent job of automatically sharpening images and reducing noise and other artifacts when capturing photos as JPGs. However, if you shoot raw or prefer a more stylized look, you may need to add Sharpening or Noise Reduction to make your photographs appear clean and finished.
Mylio Photos’ Sharpen slider adds definition to soft edges in a photo to increase clarity and make the image appear more detailed. Noise is typically caused by shooting at a high ISO setting on a digital camera, but it can also be caused by underexposure or a long shutter speed. If you notice unwanted noise and grain in your photo, Mylio Photos’ Noise Reduction options can help reduce the appearance of these artifacts.
- Open an image in Single Photo View, then click the edit icon to open the Edit Panel.
- On a computer, twirl down the arrow next to Details.
- On a phone, tap the edit icon , then tap the details icon . Tap Sharpen to reveal the slider.
- Move the Sharpen slider to the right to make the image appear more detailed.
- Select None, Light, or Strong Noise Reduction. (computer and tablet, only)
- Light Noise Reduction is for images where grain is primarily visible only when zoomed in to 100%.
- Strong Noise Reduction is for images with distinct noise visible at lower zoom levels.