Keeping your photos organized in Mylio Photos is great, but photos are meant to be shared! Mylio Photos offers several ways to export your photos so you can share them via email, social media, create prints, and more.
- On a computer, start by clicking the Share icon in the right sidebar. Select your preferred sharing or export method and choose from the Export Options below.
- On a phone or tablet, start by tapping the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu and choose Settings, then select Export & Sharing. Choose from the Export Options listed below. Close the Settings menu, then tap the Share icon .
- File Type
- JPEG – useful for web and multimedia applications
- PNG – higher quality, web-friendly file format
- TIFF – perfect for printing or image archival
- Unmodified Original – create a copy of the original file, and ignore any edits that were made in Mylio Photos
- Small – reduced in pixel dimensions or for quick sharing
- Medium – good for screen use
- Large – a high-quality image that’s useful for sharing or repurposing
- Original – matches the original dimensions of the source image
- Custom width – choose a custom dimension in pixels
- Color Space
- sRGB – sRGB is the narrowest color space but is most compatible with web and email for digital viewing.
- Display P3 – Display P3 is primarily used by Apple in wide gamut displays. This color space is not supported by all devices.
- Adobe RGB – Adobe RGB is a standard color space used in computer graphics and many software applications and is often used to create physical prints.
- ProPhoto RGB – ProPhoto RGB is the widest color space and supports the broadest range of colors. This is the only color space containing all colors captured in a raw photo. This color space is optimal for images that will be edited further in other applications.
- Bit Depth
Available for PNG and TIFF File Types. Bit depth measures how much color is available for the display or printing of each pixel.
- 8-Bit – The most common bit depth. An 8-bit image will display a little more than 16 million colors.
- 16-Bit – Provides editing flexibility but can increase file sizes and processing times. A 16-bit image will be able to display over 280 trillion colors.
- Auto – Mylio Photos will choose the appropriate bit-depth for your export based on the quality of the original.
Photos often contain sensitive information about the people in them or where they were captured. This information is excellent for searching your Mylio Photos library and recording important family history information, but it doesn’t need to be posted to public websites. When you enable the SafeShare option on export, all metadata is stripped from your photo. SafeShare strips all exported image(s) metadata, including Camera EXIF, Description and Keywords, Ratings, Copyright, IPTC, People, and Places.
When SafeShare is disabled, you can manually choose which metadata is included in your exported files.
- Camera EXIF – information about the camera and lens used to create a photo
- Caption and Keywords – details about a photo such as a title, caption, and keywords
- Ratings – the star ratings of an image
- Copyright – information about the creator of a photo
- IPTC – expanded details about a photo
- People – information about who appears in a photo
- Places – GPS information about a photo
- Apply Watermark
Toggle the Apply Watermark switch to the ON position to add a visible overlay on top of the image to indicate the creator or status of the picture.
- File Naming
If two or more files are selected for export, you can rename them as a group. Click here to learn more about file renaming options.
- Duplicate Files
If two or more files are selected for export, you can choose how Mylio Photos proceeds if a file with the same name already exists.
- Unique Name – Chooses a unique name for the file and proceeds with the export.
- Overwrite – Overwrites (deletes) the existing file and replaces it with the file exported from Mylio Photos.
- Skip – Does not export the file.