Mylio Photos’ face recognition scans your photos for faces and helps you identify them, creating smart albums for each person.
As you import media into Mylio Photos, each image is privately scanned on your own devices for recognizable people. When you enable Face Tagging, (click on the face tagging icon in the right sidebar), the app will highlight the recognized face with a blue circle and ask you to identify the person. As you tag people in photos, the app will learn specific faces and auto-tag them. You can also use Batch Face Tagging to tag groups of similar faces quickly. If a face isn’t recognized (e.g., a side profile, blurry image, or even a beloved pet’s face), you can manually add a face tag to help you easily find those photos in the future.
- Important Facial Recognition Terminology
Batch Face Tagging – Mylio Photos automatically groups similar photos and makes it easy to tag multiple photos at once with the Batch Face Tagging tool. Click the Tools icon in the left sidebar and select Batch Face Tagging .
Auto-Tagging – Once you’ve tagged several photos of a person, Mylio Photos will automatically add those images to the smart collection for that person. When reviewing their collection, you will have the option to Approve, Reject, or rename any automatically added face tags. Auto-Tagging is ON by default, but can be disabled by clicking the ellipsis icon in the top app bar to access the More menu, choosing Settings > Advanced > and toggling the switch next to Enable Auto-Tagging to the OFF position.
Approve – Mylio Photos may suggest a previously named person who appears to match the person in the photo. Choosing Approve will confirm the suggestion.
Reject – Mylio Photos may suggest a previously named person who appears to match the person in the photo. Choosing Reject will dismiss the suggestion and allow you to select a different name or enter a new name at a later time.
Ignore – Mylio Photos automatically detects faces in photos. If you prefer to leave a person untagged and unnamed, select Ignore. You will no longer be prompted to name and tag any ignored faces in an image.
Skip – When using Batch Tagging, Mylio Photos groups photos that are likely the same person. Choosing Skip will jump to the next grouping and allow you to return to the skipped collection later.
Rescan Faces – If one or more faces in an image were accidentally Ignored, choose Rescan Faces from the Quick Action menu. This will prompt Mylio Photos to rescan the image for untagged faces and allow you to add face tags to untagged people.
Known People – Expand the People section of the Info panel to reveal information about the faces tagged in a photo. Known People shows who has been tagged in a specific image or group of images.
Ignore Untagged Faces – If a photo has several people who you’d prefer to Ignore and keep untagged, expand the People section of the Info panel and choose Ignore Untagged Faces.
Untagged – The Untagged collection in People view is a grouping of all images with detected faces that have not yet been named and tagged.
Tagging Individual Faces
- Select a photo with a person or people, and open it in Single Photo View.
- Click the Face Tagging icon in the right sidebar.
- If Mylio Photos detects a face, you’ll be prompted to identify the person in the photo.
- If you have NOT previously tagged this person, click on the Who is this? text field and type in a name. In the New Person pop-up, confirm the name, then click the Create button.
- If you have previously tagged this person, select their name from the list or start typing it into the Who is this? field, then select the correct name from the list
- If multiple faces are highlighted with circles, repeat step 3 for each person in the photo.
- If a face is detected, but you don’t know the person or prefer not to tag them, select Ignore.
In This Chapter:
- Find Untagged Photos
- Auto-Tagging People
- Batch Face Tagging
- Manually Add A Face Tag
- Ignore a Group of Untagged Faces
- Rescan an Image for Faces
- Rename People Tags
- Remove or Delete People Tags
- Combine People Tags
- Add People Tags to Videos and Documents
- Customize Face Detection Settings
- Useful Shortcuts when Tagging People