Mylio Photos’ QuickFilters helps you quickly find specific photos, videos, and documents by narrowing your browsing results based on specific criteria. QuickFilters can be used in any view with options to filter by folder, date, event, file type, album, person, category, ratings, flags, labels, cameras, lenses, and more. QuickFilters work with metadata embedded in your photos and the info you’ve added, such as people and location tags.
QuickFilters also lets you stack filters for precise results. You can save a group of filters for future use as a custom QuickCollection. Even if you have hundreds of thousands of pictures, Mylio Photos helps you get to the perfect image quickly. Most results can be found with just 2-3 QuickFilters.
- Start by clicking the funnel icon in the left sidebar. Mylio Photos has several QuickFilters to choose from. Each view (like Folders and People) has default options enabled, but you can customize your results by clicking the gear icon on the QuickFilters title bar.
- Click or tap the disclosure arrow next to any filter type to see additional categories and available filters. You can also click and type into the QuickFilter search box to narrow the results.
- When you locate a QuickFilter you wish to use, click or tap on the filter name to preview the results. Let’s filter By Folder and choose the Sample Library. You’ll notice a pill with the filter name is placed in the filters bar above the left panel. If you click on another folder in the list, it will discard the first filter and swap it for the new one. QuickFilters make it easy to experiment with different filters.
- Click or tap the pin icon next to the filter name to make the filter persistent. Persistent filters remain active and allow you to add additional filters from the same category for more precise results. Notice that the pill in the filters bar is filled with blue when a filter is pinned.
- Filters can be stacked to help you find specific media. In this example, we’ll look for bird photos in the Sample Library that are not hummingbirds. Select the By SmartTags filter, then under Animal, scroll down, and click or tap the pin next to Bird.
- Click or tap the disclosure arrow next to Birds, scroll down, and select Hummingbird.
- In the filters bar, right-click or long tap on the Hummingbird pill, then choose Exclude Filter. This will show all bird photos in the Sample Library that are not Hummingbirds.
- You also have the option to invert the results of your filters. Click the Invert Results button on the left end of the filters bar to show any media not in your original results. In the example above, the inverted results exclude all birds that are not hummingbirds in the Sample Library.
- To remove an individual filter, click the on the pill next to the filter name.
- To clear all filters, click the on the left side of the filters bar.