SmartTags are automatically generated using AI to recognize objects and other visual traits about a photo. They are created using a process called computer vision, which attempts to identify the subject and properties of an image. SmartTags include features like exposure, focus, color, and specific types of animals, buildings, vehicles, and more.
- Select an image or group of images.
- Click the info icon at the top of the right sidebar to reveal the right panel and access the Info Panel, then scroll down to the SmartTags section to see all AI-generated tags associated with your image(s).
- Promote a SmartTag to a Keyword by clicking the icon next to the tag.
- Remove a SmartTag by clicking the icon next to the tag.
- If you accidentally remove a SmartTag, right-click on your selection (or open the Actions menu), and choose Photo > Rescan SmartTags. This will reset and regenerate all applicable AI SmartTags.
Adjusting AI Sensitivity for SmartTags in QuickFilters
SmartTags use a process called computer vision, which attempts to recognize the subject and properties of a photo. When an object or trait is detected, the AI internally assigns a confidence score. These scores determine which results are shown when using SmartTags in QuickFilters.
- A higher score means the AI is confident that the identification is correct. This typically produces fewer results with the highest accuracy.
- A lower score means the AI is less confident that the identification is correct. This typically produces more results with lower accuracy.
When you select a SmartTag in QuickFilters, you can adjust the AI Sensitivity, increasing or decreasing the numbers returned from a given query.
- Click the funnel icon in the left sidebar to open the QuickFilters tool.
- Click the disclosure arrow next to By SmartTags then select the SmartTag you wish to use to preview the results.
- Click the gear icon to adjust the AI Sensitivity, then click Apply when done.
- Move the slider to the right to get more results with lower accuracy.
- Move the slider to the left to get fewer results with higher accuracy.
- Click Default to reset the AI Sensitivity for a specific SmartTag.
- Click the gear icon next to By SmartTags to reset the AI Sensitivity for all SmartTags to their default settings.