Categories help you organize your media based on the purpose of the photo (e.g., work, personal, family, etc.). They can be assigned to Folder, Albums, and People using Tap to Categorize, and Calendar Events, or individual media. Categories also power Spaces, which allow you to show (or hide) specific categories of files to create unique workspaces inside of Mylio Photos for different purposes.
Mylio Photos comes pre-loaded with several useful categories to divide your photo library quickly, including:
- Personal – Things just for you
- Family – Things for your family
- Work – Things related to work
- Private – Things you want to be hidden by default
You can also add 40+ additional custom Categories to fit your life and workflow.
When a Folder is assigned a Cateogry, all media inside that folder WILL INHERIT that Category. In the People view or Albums view, when a person or album is assigned a Category, the images in that container DO NOT INHERIT the Category.
For example, say you have a folder of scanned photos. You assign the Family Category to this folder. As you add Face Tags to these images, you find a photo of an old co-worker. You add the Work Category to this person in People View. When you switch to the Family Space, this image will be visible because it inherited the Family Category from the folder. When you switch to the Work Space, this image will be visible in People View because you marked this person with the Work Category.
- Disable Inherited Categories for Folders
A folder’s content automatically inherits any category assigned to the folder by default. However, you can turn off this feature if you wish.
Once you’ve added Categories to your media, you can use Spaces to view (or hide) specific media groups. Mylio Photos comes pre-loaded with several spaces, including:
- Public Space – See everything in your library except items tagged with the Private category.
- Personal Space – See all media tagged with the Personal and Family categories, except for items tagged with the Private category.
- Family Space – See all media tagged with the Family category, except for items tagged with the Private category. (Mylio Photos+ only)
- Work Space – See all media tagged with the Work category, except for items tagged with the Private category. (Mylio Photos+ only)
- Private Space – See all media tagged with the Private category.
- Guest Space – Restricted access to the library for device sharing.
- Everything – See all media, including items tagged with the Private category.