Keywords are searchable words and phrases you can add to your photos to help you organize and search for them more easily. They can be added on import or manually entered in the Keywords section of the Info Panel. Keywords are saved to XMP sidecar files in an industry-standard format that most image management applications can read.
Adding and Editing Keywords in the Info Panel
- Select the image(s) you want to apply keywords to.
- Click the info icon at the top of the right sidebar to reveal the right panel and access the Info Panel and scroll down to the Keywords section.
- If a single photo is selected, click or tap the Keywords field to add or edit keywords. When entering multiple keywords, each keyword or keyphrase should be separated by a comma (e.g., Puerto Rico, Cuba, Jamaica).
- If mulitple photos are selected, click the Edit Keywords button.
- In the Keywords to Add field, list the keywords separated with a comma you would like to add to the group of photos.
- If the selected images already have keywords applied, you can choose one of the following actions for each keyword:
- Remove the keyword from all selected photos using the icon.
- Leave the keyword “as is” using the
- Add the keyword to all selected photos using the icon.
- Click the Apply button when you are finished.
Viewing Your Keyword List
Mylio Photos automatically lists all keywords used in your Mylio Photos Library. The Keyword List is accessible from the Dashboard view under Library Stats.
- Click the Dashboard icon in the left sidebar.
- Choose Library Stats, then open the Keywords section to view all keywords.
- Click on a Keyword to see all photos tagged with the selected word or phrase.