Importing files without moving them tells Mylio to catalog the images and files from their current location. Essentially, you are linking to files in their existing location. Linked Folders preserve your existing file structure and are a good option for users who have an established folder system and prefer to keep it as is.
To import image files without moving them:
- Open Mylio on a computer, go to the Dashboard view and choose Devices.
- Select the Device you’re using, then choose Linked Folders.
- From the Linked Folders panel, click the ADD button.
- A macOS Finder or Windows Explorer window will open, navigate to the folder you wish to link to Mylio, then click Open.
- Click Add to this device (advanced) to add the selected folder to your Mylio Library from its existing location without moving it.