Moving files from a folder on an internal or external drive physically moves the folder and its contents to a new location and deletes the content of the source folder. This is useful if you want to move all your photos and videos into one primary, organized location and do not want to keep the photos on your existing drive.
To import image files by moving them:
- Open Mylio and click the Import icon in the Navigation Bar.
- Select Add media accessible from this device.
- Next, choose how you would like your files added to Mylio. Select Move files from a folder I select.
- A macOS Finder or Windows Explorer window will open, navigate to the folder you wish to move to Mylio, then click Open.
- In the Destination Folder field, select the location where you’d like to store the moved folder.
- Examine the Options and choose the ones that are right for you.
- Exclude suspected duplicates – This will skip moving images already in your Mylio Library.
- Delete files after import – By default, this option is toggled ON.
- Expand Show Advanced Settings and make any necessary adjustments to the settings.
- File Naming – This allows you to rename files as you import them to Mylio. This can be helpful in making images easier to find with filters and search. For example, you can rename IMG_9962.jpg as tropical_vacation_1 or any other descriptive name.
- Folder Organization – This setting enables you to keep your folder organized “as is” or change it to further organize the images in the folder by the date they were taken.
- Add Folder Name to Keywords – If your source folder has a descriptive name, this setting enables you to automatically add that word or phrase as a keyword for each image in the folder.
- Keywords – Add any additional keywords to describe the group of photos and make them easier to locate by filters and search.
- Click Import Now to move your photos and videos and import them to Mylio.
Thanks for your feedback.
Hinterlasse einen Kommentar.