Adding copyright information to the metadata of a photograph creates an extra layer of protection against image theft and misuse. Mylio allows you to add information about the owner or creator of a photograph, including a copyright notice.
Adding copyright information in Mylio is done using the IPTC (International Press Telecommunications Council) standard format. IPTC is the international governing body that sets standards for image metadata.
Before adding copyright information to your photos, Mylio needs to enable the app to use Extended IPTC.
- Open Mylio, click the View Menu in the Navigation Bar, and choose Settings.
- Open the Advanced section.
- Select IPTC Info.
- Toggle the Use Extended IPTC switch to the ON position. In the IPTC Card section, enter your name, contact information, and copyright information. This creates a pre-filled IPTC Card you can apply to any image or series of images.
Applying Copyright Information to Photos:
- Open Mylio and select a photo, or series of photos.
- Open the Info Panel in the Details Panel and scroll to the IPTC section.
- Enter your contact and copyright information or click the Apply IPTC Card button at the bottom of the IPTC section to automatically fill in the fields you set up when you enabled IPTC.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.