To edit in an external photo editor:
- Select a photo or group of photos then go to the Photo Menu (in the top menu bar). Mouse over Open With and choose the editing application you wish to use.
- Edit as desired with the selected application.
- When you’re finished, choose Save As or Export, give your edited photo a unique file name, then save the edited photo to the same folder as the Original. Mylio will see the new version and add it to your library automatically.
Using an External Editor with a Catalog/Editing History
Mylio cannot see edits made in external photo applications. Edits must be exported from external editors to be visible in Mylio. If you prefer to make use of a third-party catalog to preserve your edit history and want to see your edits in Mylio, you can export a JPG Display Copy for Mylio.
Creating a display copy:
- From the external application, use the Export or Save As command to create a JPG and append _display to the file name (i.e., photo1.jpg would become photo1_display.jpg).
- Save this file to the same folder as the Original photo file. Mylio will stack the Display Copy and show the edited version in Mylio.
If you need to refine your edits or export a full-resolution copy of your photo from your external editor, open the editing application and export directly from that application.