If the date and time setting on a photo is incorrect but you don’t know the exact date it was captured, you can set a Date Range in Mylio. This unique feature allows you to assign an estimated year, decade, or custom date range to photos and videos. By placing these images in an approximate timeframe, your All Photos and Calendar views will be more accurately organized. This feature is particularly helpful when organizing scanned family photos and videos.
Setting a Date Range:
- Open Mylio and select a photo, or series of photos.
- Open the Info Panel in the Details Panel.
- Click on the Capture Date & Time to edit it.
- Select Single Date, Date Range, or Undated.
- Click the Gear icon at the top right of the dialog for additional options:
- Set as Today – Sets the date (year, month, day) to the current date but does not adjust the time.
- Set to Start of Day – Sets the time to 12:00 AM.
- Set to Start of Year – Sets the date to January 1 of the selected year.
- Set to Start of Decade – Sets the date to January 1 of the first year of the selected decade (e.g., 1990, 2000, 2010).
- To specify a range of dates, choose the Date Range tab.
- Choose the start date for your range and click the Next button.
- Select an end date for your range.
- Confirm your chosen settings using the Set button at the bottom of the dialog.